New Inverts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
If you're interested in crays for a community tank you want to look into cambareullus shufeldtii (aka cajun cray) and cambarellus patzcuarensis (aka CPO, dwarf patz, or mexican cray).

Lol thanks for adding the scientific names to my suggestion.

Hmm well two people can make the same recommendations. Plus..I didn't read all the posts. ;)

siva said:
Hmm well two people can make the same recommendations. Plus..I didn't read all the posts. ;)

No I was legitimately saying thanks. I didn't remember them lol.

That's the easiest way to look 'em up, too.

Thank you :p

P.S. it's good to see you here :) we finally got an invert section and wondered when you'd show up!

Coursair said:
I just discovered the Thanks Button also ;)
It shows on my PC.

Yeah, I never am on my pc. Just iPhone and iPad.

invert ideas

Any thoughts on: red cherry shrimp + tetras + crayfish + mystery snails?

docbree said:
Any thoughts on: red cherry shrimp + tetras + crayfish + mystery snails?

Well you'd have to be more specific on the tetras and crayfish.

I would really like neon or cardinal tetras and a blue crayfish.

Just got a new 20 gallon tank today. When it's cycled, I am getting some neon or cardinal tetras - will stay away from blue crayfish :)

My friend got a Blue Lobster which I think is the same thing and it was in a 55 gal, Lobster had a 6-8" territory with plants and hiding rock and the other fish stayed away. If they got too close he'd snap at them, but was a little slow. They just need some space. But know he will eat them if he wants to and is hungry.

My friend got a Blue Lobster which I think is the same thing and it was in a 55 gal, Lobster had a 6-8" territory with plants and hiding rock and the other fish stayed away. If they got too close he'd snap at them, but was a little slow. They just need some space. But know he will eat them if he wants to and is hungry.

can i put CPOs with guppies and corys?

I don't know about them specifically, how active how much moving arount the tank they would do.

I have had crayfish. We did a project where we had a natural habitat of found items for our local park. We had a catfish, several crayfish, several minnow and guppy type fish, tadpoles, and if it was alive the kids caught it and put it in.

We ended up getting rid of half of the crayfish right away because they were in too much competition for food and were eating too many little fish. Things were better with three. As they got larger we put them back in the creek, kept one for the full year. He ate fish from mid tank.

Check on some actual experiences from others, maybe post a new thread for CPO compatibility with other fish.

The Cories concern me. They are so everywhere they maybe wouldn't respect HIS territory if they are indeed territorial.

If you decided to keep CPO, you would need to accept the possibility of him eating/killing some of the tank occupants, and not put a $50. trio in there!

I will try and post if I find out anything else which could help.

Do you already have Bamboo shrimp? I love mine, and friendly no "deadly" potential! lol

Our little 1" catfish was the only one we kept and he turned into a nearly one foot long fish eating monster!

Back
Top Bottom