New shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that would be a cute pic. I bet the new live foods are really making the fish happy.

Just read about banana worms! Never had heard of them before! Makes me less interested in eating bananas now, LOL!

Ha, instead of whole bananas, I use the Gerber Naturals bananas in their culture. They love it.

If you ever wan to start culturing, let me know. My micro-worms have already doubled.

Even my RCS and the blues you gave me love the micros.

Jcolon,

Love the new set up! You did an awesome job.

You should have seen me catching all my RCS out of the 10 they were in, it was a madhouse.

Haha .. Thanks! .. and I know exactly what you probably went through.

Picture me ... it's a Friday night and I'm determined to get that 20 up and running with the initial set up and transfer of filter, water, some substrate, all plants and rocks. Around 10 -11pm I start netting shrimp till 3am. Wake up around 7am Saturday to net a few more and continue to do so here and there till late Sunday night.

So do the worms come out of the real bananas if you don't have the culture? or do you know, how did you start yours?

The little Brigittae Rasboras I have, have a hard time since they are so small alot of the foods are too big for them! (I crush the pellets and also use the baby fish food) They would probably really like it.

The shrimp eat them?

Just not too sure about storing it! Smelly at all?

Haha .. Thanks! .. and I know exactly what you probably went through.

Picture me ... it's a Friday night and I'm determined to get that 20 up and running with the initial set up and transfer of filter, water, some substrate, all plants and rocks. Around 10 -11pm I start netting shrimp till 3am. Wake up around 7am Saturday to net a few more and continue to do so here and there till late Sunday night.

Ha, I don't doubt it. I seem to remember it took me 3 days to finally catch all mine.

So do the worms come out of the real bananas if you don't have the culture? or do you know, how did you start yours?

The little Brigittae Rasboras I have, have a hard time since they are so small alot of the foods are too big for them! (I crush the pellets and also use the baby fish food) They would probably really like it.

The shrimp eat them?

Just not too sure about storing it! Smelly at all?

I honestly don't know if they come out of bananas. I bought a culture of them.

Your Brigittae would love them, and yep, the shrimp eat them. I didn't think they would. They wait until they've fallen to the substrate then pick them off.

The cultures smell a bit yeasty, but nothing obnoxious. I keep most of them downstairs in the laundry room but have a few upstairs in the cabinet the 80 is on for everyone upstairs.

I honestly don't know if they come out of bananas. I bought a culture of them.

Your Brigittae would love them, and yep, the shrimp eat them. I didn't think they would. They wait until they've fallen to the substrate then pick them off.

The cultures smell a bit yeasty, but nothing obnoxious. I keep most of them downstairs in the laundry room but have a few upstairs in the cabinet the 80 is on for everyone upstairs.

Life is a bit crazy right now and I have to be gone a couple weeks pretty soon, but in a month or so, maybe I will PM you for a starter. ;)

Back
Top Bottom