Not Many Shrimp Keepers Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they could, it wouldn't be smart to breed them with true blues, though.

so i have seven ghost shrimp:) and i know this may be a dumb question, but can i put some rcs in with ghost shrimp?? i am new to the shrimp thing too...:dance:

so i have seven ghost shrimp:) and i know this may be a dumb question, but can i put some rcs in with ghost shrimp?? i am new to the shrimp thing too...:dance:

Bad idea. Ghost shrimp will bully the dwarf RCS.

Are there any more I could put in there? I may put those in my 5g. It's currently planted with nothing in it;)

I'm not sure I understand your question? More in where? What are the paramaters, is it planted?

Sorry, any different types that wouldn't get bullied by my ghost shrimp? My 5 g is planted and already cycled. I just can't decide what to do with it seeing as its limited. I'm thinking shrimp and another betta

I have kept Ghost Shrimp in the past, and I currently have a growing colony of RCS in a 10g. Too bad it looks like my gene pool with these guys is sub par. Seems as though I may end up with some clear shrimp that need to be culled.

hcourts said:
Sorry, any different types that wouldn't get bullied by my ghost shrimp? My 5 g is planted and already cycled. I just can't decide what to do with it seeing as its limited. I'm thinking shrimp and another betta

Well... I hope you don't mean two bettas in the same 5g. That is against all rules of fish keeping.

The only thing you can do with ghosties is more ghosties

adadkins1 said:
I have kept Ghost Shrimp in the past, and I currently have a growing colony of RCS in a 10g. Too bad it looks like my gene pool with these guys is sub par. Seems as though I may end up with some clear shrimp that need to be culled.

As babes the shrimp have very low red to clear, you'll see more red as they grow. But yes, you can cull red out of them as time passes :)

It is great to see more people keeping these interesting little creatures. Look forward to reading more experiences. I am new to dwarf shrimp.

It is great to see more people keeping these interesting little creatures. Look forward to reading more experiences. I am new to dwarf shrimp.
There the best, great looks, and personality! One of the few things that can live in a 2 gallon tank, the RCS is a great addition to any aquarist's collection! Really easy to keep and breed, love these 'lil guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom