Orange Sulawesi Rabbit Snails not moving but alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all,

I have 3 orange sulawesi rabbit snails and for the past weeks they havent come out of their shell or they come out slightly and then go back in. I have no idea whats wrong but before they used to move frequently. One even pushed a baby out a few weeks ago(during them not moving).

I have mystery snails and RCS in the same tank but they are all fine. Water parameters are normal and havent changed since they were introduced to the tank.

Let me know what you all think!

Hi, I keep rabbit snails and have orange, yellow and tiger, between them all my orange one's are pretty lazy! Mine usually move about more at night.
Have you tried enticing them out with veg? Are they all fully grown? They can also become lazy if the water isn't warm enough for them, these guy's like higher temps.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I feed blanched zucchini to them but they wont even come out for that. It seems they also have some slim coming off of them. Water temp is set at 81, they share a tank with baby mystery snails and rcs. normally they do move at night but I can see their trails in the sand when they do and they havent moved from the spot I placed them in to see if they move at night. I dont use any aquarium salt obviously too. I feel bad I have no idea why they are in the state they are. They are adult with one baby who also does not move now, it did the first few days.

I feed blanched zucchini to them but they wont even come out for that. It seems they also have some slim coming off of them. Water temp is set at 81, they share a tank with baby mystery snails and rcs. normally they do move at night but I can see their trails in the sand when they do and they havent moved from the spot I placed them in to see if they move at night. I dont use any aquarium salt obviously too. I feel bad I have no idea why they are in the state they are. They are adult with one baby who also does not move now, it did the first few days.

Your doing everything right for them. The only thing I can think of if there is excessive slime coming off them, then something is irritating them? Do you have another tank you can place them in to see if they move? It's strange that the baby has also stopped moving.
I'm sorry I'm not much help, but this has got me stumped! Your set up is perfect for them.

30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Yeah I honestly have no idea what it could be. I have another tank I can put them in but the temp is a little lower at 78. I'll try it out with one of them and see if anything changes and let you know!

Thanks for your input though :)

No problem :)

30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Back
Top Bottom