Problem with assassin snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoryCats101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had about 5 assassin snails in my 12 gallon tank. It is extremely healthy. Despite this I have had (what I think) to be some deaths. This seriously worries me, so if you have ANY questions about the state of my tank (questions, pictures, etc) then ask away. I have been keeping fish for about 8 months now, and currently have 3 tanks, but I am relatively new to keeping snails. I got the assassins to keep my MTS, and pond snail population stable. Thanks Guys!
(I am new to the site :thanks:)

They've disappeared huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, they are just sitting still.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Flip it over, look, and smell. Fastest way i know to find out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They def smell like funky arm pits when they dead.. smell is the best indicator as heny stated.

Like a young praying mantis the assassin snail sits in extreme patience until his prey approaches. Then like a hidden dragon he strikes with great intensity. The Malaysian trumpet snail was none the wiser to what happened.

Like a young praying mantis the assassin snail sits in extreme patience until his prey approaches. Then like a hidden dragon he strikes with great intensity. The Malaysian trumpet snail was none the wiser to what happened. Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did everyone else read this in a National Geographic narrator voice?

They seem to be fine now.

If you see this it's ok too;)

Attachments

• 1438643433992.jpg
    1438643433992.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 61
They be doin the naughty.... Brooks, I cant believe youd support that type of snail behaviour on a public forum. The shame.... LMAO. ?

They be doin the naughty.... Brooks, I cant believe youd support that type of snail behaviour on a public forum. The shame.... LMAO. ?

Cory wanted nothing to do with it.. like.. broo... really?? Taking a pic of snail time... thought you were better than that?!

Back
Top Bottom