Project neo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am on a tight budget (for now hehehe) so I decided to set my 20 gallon up breeding neos. However I have always wondered what happens if you mix different color morphs so now Im gonna find out! I figure red cherries and a blue variety at least.

Now my question is what can I do to make their water perfect? My tap water has no calcium in it pretty much. My ph sits somewhere around 6.5. I usually just add a small bag of aragonite or something for calcium however if Im going to do just neos I figure I might as well match it perfect for them! Any suggestions?

Supplies:
20 gallon tall
Aquaclear 70
Black diamond blasting sand
No heater (house stays between 67 and 74 so should be fine right?)
Driftwood
Plants

So what do you think?
Thanks and God bless!

Well I can't help you much with how to make the water perfect...but as for mixing them I have mixed rcs with some of blue velvet culls and I believe it or not had a couple of my bluest shrimp in that tank there weren't ever any dull colors just the light red and some light blues and red rilis but never any wild type of coloration...but have fun shrimp are definitely fun little creatures to watch

Well I can't help you much with how to make the water perfect...but as for mixing them I have mixed rcs with some of blue velvet culls and I believe it or not had a couple of my bluest shrimp in that tank there weren't ever any dull colors just the light red and some light blues and red rilis but never any wild type of coloration...but have fun shrimp are definitely fun little creatures to watch

They sure are! Thanks for the feedback! Im kind of excited! Maybe I will be lucky and get purple shrimp lol anyway interesting to know that none of yours "went wild". I am hoping something cooler than that happens. If not I have hungry leaffish lol

Back
Top Bottom