Rabbit snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank with just one platy and an electric blue jack dempsy which I'm going to move to a 60 gallon. I'm also going to get to a bamboo shrimp but I really want to get a rabbit snail because I need a cleaner for my tank right now and I love the way they move and look ;I'm just curious if just one will be happy in a 10 gallon and if he will clean it very well thank you and I will appreciate your answers :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A snail is a snail. Though they do clean you likely won't see a noticeable difference. If you are having problems such as algae you need to find the source of the problem.

Caleb

They are usually plant eaters, so if you wanted a planted tank it might eat your plants.

Better ways to treat algae... feed less, do pwc more and use light less and or with a 3-4 hour break during the day, on 4 hours off 3-4 on 3-4 hours (use a timer).

Snails are pretty awesome though!!! Mystery snails will get large and are neat to watch, several colors too, don't eat healthy plants unless they are starving.

I love my mystery snails. They get really big if cared for properly. I have one the size of a golf ball currently. They are quite active and go around the whole tank. Applesnail.net is a great resource if you'd like to read more about them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep rabbit snails and they definitely like to nibble on my plant's! But I wouldn't say they cause too much damage.
They burrow a lot so they're definitely not as active as my mystery snail's. Definitely my favorite snail ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom