Random snail in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have such gorgeous set ups! All of the colors are so pretty, especially the top one with the greens. Wow.

Thank you! That tank is actually outside on my patio. Plants love the strong indirect light. The snails handle the algae and there are 2 male guppies to take care of any mosquito larvae that might pop up.

The ramshorns are pets and food for my dwarf puffer.

Get a turkey baster and make the hole at the end a little larger and use that to suck them up. I also crush them against the glass and the fish will eat them sometimes or what ever bottom feeders you have

They're not horrible but its good to keep them under control because you are never going to get rid of them unless you introduce a predator., or harsh chemicals. In my case I have other snails but I always eliminate the pond snails. they reproduce quickly

I hate the idea of killing them off like that but I know I'm going to have to do something eventually. Still only seeing the one right now and am planning on moving it to it's own tank which I think will break my betta's heart as he's very taken with it.

Back
Top Bottom