Rate my aquascape for my shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi!

Not positive about the rating it part. Not intending to be a kill joy. It looks green and airy.

From just the pictures it would be impossible to accurately comment or detail useful information to help have your shrimp tank the best home for shrimp it could be. (I am all about the shrimp!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please share your tank details. All kinds of details.
What is your tank, brand, size, filter, light - brand and watts and K rating?
Like how long it has been set up,
what substrate it has,
What are the other items you have, stones, DW, types of plants?
is it cycled, how long and what did you use, and if not stocked what are you doing to keep it cycled?

What plants and are they live plants, all or part. Is there actual moss in there?

Are there any other tank inhabitants presently or planned?

Water parameters
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH GH/KH, TDS. Are you using a liquid test kit?

What are you feeding them if stocked?

What are your tank cleaning /husbandry practices, often you do pwc and how much?
What are the natural parameters of your tap water? Are you using RO for filling evap?

Lots of info please!

Not a fan of the plastic plants. If you are looking for instant cover for fish fry then it’s great. Really no benefit for the shrimp (unless they need to hide from something).
I would look into low light, easy to care for plants such as mosses, guppy grass, anacharis, or hornwort. Besides the nutrient consumption and contributing oxygen, their surfaces host a plethora of organisms (biofilm) that the shrimp feed on.

Hi!

Not positive about the rating it part. Not intending to be a kill joy. It looks green and airy.

From just the pictures it would be impossible to accurately comment or detail useful information to help have your shrimp tank the best home for shrimp it could be. (I am all about the shrimp!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please share your tank details. All kinds of details.
What is your tank, brand, size, filter, light - brand and watts and K rating?
Like how long it has been set up,
what substrate it has,
What are the other items you have, stones, DW, types of plants?
is it cycled, how long and what did you use, and if not stocked what are you doing to keep it cycled?

What plants and are they live plants, all or part. Is there actual moss in there?

Are there any other tank inhabitants presently or planned?

Water parameters
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH GH/KH, TDS. Are you using a liquid test kit?

What are you feeding them if stocked?

What are your tank cleaning /husbandry practices, often you do pwc and how much?
What are the natural parameters of your tap water? Are you using RO for filling evap?

Lots of info please!
My tank is a ten gallon, idk the brand, the filter is a top fin silent stream 20, I have led lights placed on the lids, it's been set up for two days, I have black aquarium sand, three stones, fake plants, I plan to put one or two marimo moss balls, I'm currently doing a shrimpless cycle, and I'm planning to only keep cherry shrimp.

Not a fan of the plastic plants. If you are looking for instant cover for fish fry then it’s great. Really no benefit for the shrimp (unless they need to hide from something).
I would look into low light, easy to care for plants such as mosses, guppy grass, anacharis, or hornwort. Besides the nutrient consumption and contributing oxygen, their surfaces host a plethora of organisms (biofilm) that the shrimp feed on.
It's a bit hard for me to try to keep live plants rn, is it ok if throw in an almond leaf to get the biofilm up?

Yes, you can throw in an almond leaf. As it breaks down, it will develop a film along its surface.
What are you using as an ammonia source? Two days is very early in. Process can take several weeks to finish.

I'm using some cory pellets that don't contain copper

Good call on shrimpless cycle, otherwise the shrimp might become the ammonia source.

Follow the fishless cycle info, the getting started thread in my signature has more links for the fishless cycle.

Back
Top Bottom