RCS Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loukas42

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon planted tank and want to make it an shrimp only tank. How many shrimp can I have?

You can start a colony with 10 or so shrimp, and for a 10 gallon depending on your plants and filtration, you can have upwards of 10 shrimp per gallon. I've seen videos where people had 20+ per gallon.

Sake said:
You can start a colony with 10 or so shrimp, and for a 10 gallon depending on your plants and filtration, you can have upwards of 10 shrimp per gallon. I've seen videos where people had 20+ per gallon.

+1

And if u start with around 10 you'll have more soon

Okay sweet. And how long should I wait to put them in my tank. Are they sensitive ?

They're very sensitive. I'd make sure your tank is cycled and planted. Plants are a must. Be very careful with them!

You can drip acclimate if you want. May not be necessary but helps you insure its a smooth transition

Yeah I've got plants in now, should be receiving my shipment of more plants today or tomorrow. And alright sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom