Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Red Cherry Shrimp and Ph?

Want to breed red cherry shrimp and other colored freshwater shrimp, but my ph is 8.2. Is my ph going to be a problem? What can I do?

Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I also have.RCS in pH of 8+. They are fine and breeding like crazy! I never adjust my pH, I like things simple and stable.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
I also have.RCS in pH of 8+. They are fine and breeding like crazy! I never adjust my pH, I like things simple and stable.
That is good to know! What about other colored shrimp? Do you know of they will tolerate the higher ph? I imagine I should drip acclimate these guys to the higher ph? How do you acclimate yours?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I only have RCS, no experience with the other kind. I put my shrimp in a small container, with the water thwy were shipped in and slowly added a small amount of tank water every 15 minutes. When the water was doubled in volume I dumped out half the water and added tank water again, every 15 minutes. Using the drip method is best but I didn't have any extra tubeing at the time.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

What feed do they prefer? What is your temp set at? Do they like to hide? Should I get anything special for breeding them?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderphoto
What feed do they prefer? What is your temp set at? Do they like to hide? Should I get anything special for breeding them?
I feed flake food, shrimp pellets, ect. They eat everything! My temp is set at 80* and I have alot of java moss in the aquarium, the shrimplets seem to hang out in it until they grow some and aren't considered a meal from the other fish. Otherwise the shrimp are in view all the time.

Tags
cherry, cherry shrimp, red cherry, red cherry shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com