Red cherry shrimp not breeding anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have another tank that is running as well do you think I can add the tank water from there into this tank?

It was 30c because the heater wasn't working but it's replaced now

You don't take water from another tank to put in your tank. All you do when you do that is bring nitrate over.

I always use Prime on tap water. Chlorine will off gas if left out. Chloramines will not.
Why risk killing your Shrimp or fish when 2 drops of Prime per Gallon will make sure the water is safe ???

Open top tanks do evaporate a lot faster. I put tap water into gallon jugs ( match tank temperature) , add Prime and it's set to add to tank.

My Cherry Shrimp are in a 10g tank.
Weekly 25% PWCs with 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled water. Prime always used on tap water.

Use a liquid test kit to know what's going on. I thought my tank was fine because nothing was sick, but when I actually tested, my Nitrates had been creeping up from some missed water changes. So did daily 25% PWCs because I also had CRS that were more sensitive to large changes.

You can't tell exact health of tank without testing.

I use API Master Test Kit

https://www.amazon.com/API-Freshwater-Master-Test-Kit/dp/B000255NCI

alright thank you for that i will just add the dechlorinator to the top of water.
also i just wanted to ask can i use Esha Pro Phyll Plant Food & Nutrients with shrimp? and has anyone else use this is it any good?

thanks]

Not directly in the tank? That's a no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Based on the responses, very few have experience with this product or are not sharing it. The only thing I would look for is the amount of copper. I try to avoid adding anything with copper to the shrimp tank.

Hi thanks for that I sent a message to them asking for the ingredients let see what they say

Also I'm still getting this blue algae growing in my tank I don't want to add anything to get rid of it so how do I do it?

Also why is it caused? I use to get normal algae but now it's blue why is that?

Can anyone help with the blue algae? Would reducing the lights help?

Cyano is usually flow and water quality related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom