Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Red cherry shrimps with betta?

I have a 20 gallon tank with 3 female Swordtail and 6 red eye tetra and bought some more jungle Val yesterday. I'm thinking to get 6 corydoras and some RCS. I want to get a betta too but will it live peacefully with the RCS?
Thanks

Old 08-20-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's hit or miss, I don't think you'll see any shrimplets but the adults might survive.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

My beta tank is currently housing 1 male CRS. He survives fine, but hides constantly. My beta is pushy. He doesn't seem to bite(mouth isnt big enough), but he does chase him around. The shrimp is much faster than the beta. I feel bad, I'm waiting for my 10 gallon to cycle before putting him in there with a new batch of CRS.

If you want to do it, add tons of hiding places the beta cant get to. Some beta are pretty peaceful, but others can be super mean. If you see it attacking its reflection...it's likely not a good idea. At the very least the fry will get eaten. Mine seems to be middle of the road. He flares up when he sees his reflection...but doesn't smash his face into the glass like some.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #4

Thanks for taking time to reply

Tags
betta, cherry, cherry shrimp, red, red cherry, red cherry shrimp, rim, shrimp, shrimps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com