Red Spot in Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi!

When I came home from a trip, one of my shrimp had a red spot in him. It looks like one of those cooked and curled shrimp. My other one is just fine. Besides that, he is just fine.

Thanks,
Floop123

I do not have a testing kit. I need money. Waiting for allowance. As for the pics, the app will not let me post pics. I am trying to fix that

Get a water sample to a fish store many check it for free.

Meantime any time there is a question of if you might have an issue a pwc or 2 is in order. Clean treated water always better than wondering if you have acceptable or safe water.

I did a large water change yesterday. My parents won't drive me. What should I do?

Unknown any specifics because have no pic. Can you review this section for possible answers how to get the pics to load...

Or use a third party site to host.

This is a section with lots of help in the threads
Forum Admin & Announcements - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community
A couple others maybe will have an answer.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/how-to-upload-photos-from-the-app-354058.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/forums-101-posting-accounts-basics-107597.html

I would maybe QT the odd looking one if you can.

How many shrimp and what kind? If you make sure to feed lightly, and keep up with pwc. Basic first aid, pwc.

Well it may not be important to try and do a QT, with just the 2 shrimp. If the shrimp is starting to turn white it would likely be dying. If it just has a spot inside it could be an illness. Ghost shrimp have red to brownish to rust brown lines on them sometimes and dots. If the pattern color is the same on both sides it could be the shrimp.

Did you notice it come up recently? After it being normal at first?

It is possible it might have been trying to molt. Too many possibilities to really just be guessing.

Back
Top Bottom