Removing physidae snails and eggs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Svenix

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was given some plants when I bought some apple snails and they had eggs on them that hatched into phisidae and ramshorn snails. I only have 2 ramshorns that I've found so far but I probably have 6 or more of the physid snails. Recently they have laid a whole bunch of eggs on my plants and tank walls and I'm not sure how to get rid of them all. I found some methods but they would hurt my diffusa snails as well and obviously I don't want that to happen. Is there a fish I could get that would eat all the eggs and leave my other snails alone? I'm currently (and have been for the last month) trying to find the adult physid snails a new home but nobody wants them! They are so pretty it's a shame they are pests.. Any advice is welcome!
Thanks!

You could use a vase or "goldfish" or any other interesting container and make a snail habitat with lots of plants. You could also add some dwarf Red Cherry Shrimp.

I have a couple of the snails you are trying to get rid of, little hitchhikers, came on plants. I only have seen three in as many months, but have tons of Ramshorns. I put the Physidae snails in my fish pond. The Ramshorns eat lots of algae, and over feeding gets them to over populate!!!

I love my Rams Horns they are entertaining and clean the tank!!!

Maybe you can find someone with a pond.

Back
Top Bottom