Scarlet badis/shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amyers22

Aquarium Advice Regular
My brother got a Marineland 5 gallon crescent aquarium system and wants to start a shrimp tank. We are going to keep a pair of Scarlet badis in the tank for shrimp population control. My question is, how many adult shrimp should we put in the tank? I have a larger tank with only five shrimp, but he would like quite a few. What's a realistic number for a 5 gallon tank?

Get some RCS in there, many people on this forum sell them. Put the RCS in for about two to three months so they have a good population then put in the scarlet badis.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get some RCS in there, many people on this forum sell them. Put the RCS in for about two to three months so they have a good population then put in the scarlet badis.

I have a really great lfs and am close to the few employees and owner. They sell me many different kinds and colors of shrimp for cheap! My brother wants a few cherry shrimp, and the some snowballs and tigers. And he already has a blue tiger (orange eyes) in my tank.

Since we buy adult shrimp in singles I didn't know what a good number would be since we aren't looking to breed our own colony.

If you get 7-10 to start you should be ok as the badis will get most shrimplets but a few will survive to repopulate deaths

Back
Top Bottom