Sexing Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oriana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so I am really curious about what gender my mystery snails are and tonight while taking some pictures of my tank and its inhabitants I also got some pictures of the inside of one of my mystery snails' she'll while it was moving about. Based on the pictures I'm thinking its a male but I wanted to know if these pictures say if it's a male or female and if anyone can back me up on this? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427596761.392651.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427596788.444519.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427596808.646022.jpg

I might have a few more pictures if these ones aren't definitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To me it looks like a boy? They usually have like a banana shape behind their head, that's how I sex mine. Just don't confuse the syphon for the boy bit's Lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Also it will be on their right side (this might be mixed up lol). On their left is something else. I think it's their gill although I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Alright I'm thinking its a boy, I can see the siphon in that photo plus something vaguely banana shaped behind his head so that's what I'm going with! On a side note, have you ever seen mystery snails go up for air? Mine did last night and it was really weird watching it suck in air!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pretty cool to watch!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom