Should I or should I not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
preferably whichever one is cycled with a good number of plants. the tank size just dictates how much shrimp you can get. drift wood is not required but i recommend it. if you don't have driftwood i suggest getting some indian almond leaves instead for cheap as it releases tannins and other good things for the shrimp into the water. it'll give your water a light tea color though, nothing of concern.

in my experience i'm always extra careful now when acclimating shrimp especially. one time when i was still new i had an amano shrimp die the next day because i rushed the acclimation process (10mins) :nono:

Can I use dried oak leaves to release the tannins?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! That article was very interesting, and I know an area where I can collect a lot of pesticide-free alder cones.

As far as neos I personally think cherries are the most difficult...maybe because they're overbred?

I have red rili in with my betta and green rasboras...I find them and orange sakura/pumpkins to be the hardiest in my opinion.

Male beta? ? I've been thinking of putting a couple in with mine but am scared it will kill them

Sent from my SM-S765C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Has anyone ever tried dwarf water lettuce? If its like duck weed forget it. But if it actually looks like water lettuce should then great!

Has anyone ever tried water lettuce?

What do you mean? I have dwarf water lettuce inmy Endlers breeding tank:

img_3195468_0_2e2205f55a4c2eff62539592eb48fcc9.jpg

Has anyone ever tried dwarf water lettuce? If its like duck weed forget it. But if it actually looks like water lettuce should then great!

I have regular water lettuce and indoors it stays small (1-1.5"). If given the right conditions it will spread rapidly. I does well in my med/high light tank. Does poorly in my low light tank. I use a fishnet to scoop it out.

Ah so many typos in that post lol. I meant does it look like regular water lettuce and is it invasive like duckweed?

Ah so many typos in that post lol. I meant does it look like regular water lettuce and is it invasive like duckweed?

If it's happy it does spread but I've had no issues removing it from tanks, unless the horror stories I've heard about duckweed.

This is my Endlers 10g:

img_3196065_0_32cb674a7f60a1e8ef8330fd2f5f917c.jpg

Nothing like duckweed. The prob with duckweed is its SO easy to miss a piece and it can fill the tank up all over again. Water lettuce is very large in comparison and is extremely easy to remove if wanted/needed.

29g Community

3g Betta

Back
Top Bottom