Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's scary is I started with 14 in my RCS tank the last week of Sept ... So I've quadrupled the population in a month and a half. Hopefully I'll be able to $ell a couple to some LFS's. To say I wasn't expecting this so soon is an understatement.
I though cockroaches breed like mad ... These RCS are putting roaches to shame!

image-4075959732.jpg

It's my 220 gallon red crystal shrimp tank, I will be getting more pics of it and them soon

Sounds like you guts are over run with shrimp. Anyone want to sell any? I'd like 15-ish of the rcs or crs. Send me a pm if interested.

Thanks!

220 gallon shrimp tank? :eek: wowza!

Just for the record, angelwings, RCS and CRS are very different. RCS stands for Red cherry shrimp, CRS stands for Crystal Red shrimp, They have very different care requirements.

Ah thanks! I didn't realize they had such different care requirements. I've had red cherry shrimp before and loved them.

bud29 said:
220 gallon shrimp tank? :eek: wowza!

Just for the record, angelwings, RCS and CRS are very different. RCS stands for Red cherry shrimp, CRS stands for Crystal Red shrimp, They have very different care requirements.

True true, my mistake... Good catch, crystal reds...

This is my 50l (sorry, dunno in g) shrimp somewhat snail infested tank. God, i wish i could tell u what plants are in there. Got neons, and amato shrimp (on the branch), and even the cryst. Red posed, lol.

ForumRunner_20121113_224653.jpg

My 10g home made tank with 2 singapor shrimp, 6 red cherry shrimp, 2 royal blue shrimp, and 6 ghost shrimp "that are ina breading net because two royal blue shrimp are pregnant"
-wite sand,thin filter, heater,power head, planted with
-java moss, amazon sword, asian waterfern, tropica fern, compacta sword
Planning on adding xmas moss and decorating. It better making a xmas moss ground

image-3937313263.jpg

Comments, suggestions?

Post Your Shrimp Tanks! :)

I have recently got into keeping shrimp and I'm really enjoying them so far.. I'd love to see what AA members have and the tank setups. Post your pics!

Here's my first shrimp tank... high tech setup so I hope my shrimp do okay. I have Tangerine Tigers and Red Rilis. I had 5 berried TT's in which two hatched their eggs already so I have babies!!! :)

ibcE6QyDyaDMws.jpg

i1XIXApr8QINc.jpg

ibvGrviTbsdjM1.jpg

iPGKelfde4dis.jpg

I know this is freshwater but heres my marine only has 2 cleaner shrimp in it

Attachments

• image-4270606125.jpg
    image-4270606125.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 641
Mines 40 gallon planted.
It has:
10 rcs
4 cardinal tetras
5 neon tetras
5 glo light tetras
4 mystery snails
1 bambo shrimp

ForumRunner_20130220_160842.jpg

Mine isn't as pretty as everyones here. It has been fully set up for about a week (meaning with the shrimp and plants in it). It is a 5.5 gallon and has RCS.

img_2349512_0_c20c9ee346c38b754f3eeb8d694bc71a.jpg

I'm a newbie at this I don't have a shrimp but want one in the future( I currently have a 20G with 12 fish, various tetras) how difficult are shrimp tanks to setup and maintain?

Nice write-up Bud! It should be a sticky on the inverts section... Oh I just checked your threads, didn't even realize you started a post your shrimp tank pics thread like this... We should consolidate the threads and keep them going!

Anyway, care to share some pics of your shrimp tank(s)? :)

Back
Top Bottom