Show off your snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I googled "Olive Green Ramshorn Snails" and couldn't find anything that looked like what I caught. For sure they are ramshorns and I know it's not algae that is causing this coloration. They have reddish brown bodies and olive green and brown shells. They are multicolored and really cool! I just got two of them. A baby and a large adult. Hopefully the age gap won't be a problem for breeding. I will be sure to post pics when they get acclimated and are active!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Oooh a new color - awesome! Stop teasing us and get some pics!

This might turn out to be like #thedress but to me he looks pretty olive. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436202289.452287.jpg what do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436202343.918717.jpg that's what he looks like in shallow water. He gets darker as he goes away from the light but I'm pretty sure that's how all olive snails are.

View attachment 274800 that's what he looks like in shallow water. He gets darker as he goes away from the light but I'm pretty sure that's how all olive snails are.

That looks pretty olive but seems to be an underlying blue from the pic. if you took a clean toothbrush and brushed a little would some of the green come off I wonder?

I rinsed them and wiped them down and a few small algae pieces came off but it didn't take away the olive color.

Back
Top Bottom