Shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankerJs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Red Cherry Shrimp vs. Ghost Shrimp?
Tell me why one is better than the other. After seeing that most people that are avid about the hobby use RCS not Ghosts I wanna know why. It confuses me that most people have RCS and not Ghosts...they seem to have little difference to me...show me the differences :) thanks!

Most of my Ghost Shrimp die, but I have heard the Red Cherry Shrimp are more robust the the Ghost Shrimp.

I have red cherry shrimp, amano shrimp, bamboo shrimp and ghost shrimp. I love them all and definitely can't say that one is "better" than another.

I enjoy watching them all. But, there is something special about the RCS, because they breed so profusely. I get such a kick out of watching all the little shrimplets in the tank. I feel like Gulliver observing the Lilliputians. I just don't get that with my other species. But the others are special in their own way.

I have had ghost shrimp before. The reason I'm leaning more towards Ghosts are definitely the price...2.50 for 12 sounds alot better than $5 ea. I guess I could order, but even then the price seems pretty high with shipping. I also go to school so I wouldn't be able to receive them on a weekday. Any suggestions out there?

Check the classified section here. There are some members who sell them.

You can't receive mail at school? That's nuts. Unless, of course, you mean high school..... :hide:

Check aquabid, they sometimes have good deals. If you can't get the item shipped to you on a weekend, then post a wanted add in the classifieds section. You'll probably get lots of responses.

I work all day, my packages are waiting there when I get home. I thought maybe they meant they're only home on weekends or, like I said, they're at a college or something where they can't get mail, which I can't imagine happening. I mean, how would Aunt Edna send you her world famous hash brownies?

I mean I wouldn't be home during the day. I'm in high school. So they would sit on the porch outside all day, in the cold.

They're in insulated boxes though, so unless you're in the middle of a frigid blast, they should be okay. Best to ask one of the members who ships what their thoughts are.

Yeah and even then the cost would exceed the <$10 for ghosts

Back
Top Bottom