Shrimp & snail tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When an animal dies and starts to decompose, it releases ammonia. That can kill other creatures, and then there's more ammonia, and more critters die... It's bad.
Thanks. Yes I am aware of this procedure. Just I didn't understand what Autumn meant. Thanks for explaining.

What happened about mystery snail? Like his death caused water bad? Please explain.

Yes, that was what happened. Because I did not see it since it was dead behind the DW & rocks I didn't realize until after the 2nd day the shrimp were mostly dead and dying, some made it the last time in the 15G tank was the large snail.

Now, I make sure the Mystery snail are moved out when they are proportionally sized in the small tank. Unless they were tiny like green pea to Garbanzo bean sized babies, I wouldn't put any in under 5G any more :(. I use one Nerite (too many and they seem to run out of food and die off) or some Ramshorn for smaller tank.

Yes, that was what happened. Because I did not see it since it was dead behind the DW & rocks I didn't realize until after the 2nd day the shrimp were mostly dead and dying, some made it the last time in the 15G tank was the large snail.

Now, I make sure the Mystery snail are moved out when they are proportionally sized in the small tank. Unless they were tiny like green pea to Garbanzo bean sized babies, I wouldn't put any in under 5G any more :(. I use one Nerite (too many and they seem to run out of food and die off) or some Ramshorn for smaller tank.
Thanks. I will make sure now. I have some tiny pest snails but two Ramshorn. Will keep an eye on things.

I went to look at the pet store yesterday. They only had a few shrimp - 3 cherry, and a couple more than that of a Japanese variety? They're clear with little black dots. Anyway, I brought home 8 shrimp, 5 new plants which were divided among the 3 tanks, and two females bettas for the empty tank. A koi, and an elephant ear.

received_10156265543901779.jpeg

received_10156265542891779.jpeg

I didn't realize the shrimp would be so tiny! But they seem to be having a good time swimming around and nibbling on everything.

Huh. Interesting about the dead mystery snail mucking up the water. I'll definitely keep an eye on them.

No, she's white as fresh snow. The lighting has a blue tinge to it making her look blue.

The first day she hid a lot but today they're both out swimming around exploring. :)

Back
Top Bottom