Shrimp beginner questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a 1 gallon with 3 cherry shrimp. I'm upgrading to a 5 gallon and have a 10 that's not a shrimp tank. I have a lot of questions! Where is the best place to buy shrimp? What should they eat? How often do they breed, please explain. How many shrimp per gallon? Any fish not to put them with? What kind of lighting should they get? What water temp do they need? Which plants are best for them? Thoose are the ones I would like to know! Thanks guys! Also if you know anything else that would be helpful please comment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I currently have a 1 gallon with 3 cherry shrimp. I'm upgrading to a 5 gallon and have a 10 that's not a shrimp tank. I have a lot of questions! Where is the best place to buy shrimp? What should they eat? How often do they breed, please explain. How many shrimp per gallon? Any fish not to put them with? What kind of lighting should they get? What water temp do they need? Which plants are best for them? Thoose are the ones I would like to know! Thanks guys! Also if you know anything else that would be helpful please comment!!

Best place to buy is from someone here. There's a few with excellent reviews, pitbully13 is one that comes to mind. They'll eat shrimp pellets, flakes that settle, algae, moss balls. They breed when conditions are perfect and they've reached maturity. Don't put them with fish at all. They will get eaten if the fishes mouth is big enough and the shrimp are small enough. Lighting should be adequate enough for the plants. Get the plants here also. Most that have RCS may also have plant packages too. Clean your plants first so you avoid snails. Unless you want snails. 65°-75°. You could easily do 100 RCS in a 10g. Don't use an hob or canister. Sponge filter will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

How do I look up a user? And ok sounds good.

Since you have an iPhone, swipe from left to right and it will reveal this screen. Tap on the "people" area and the name as it appears.

RCS is red cherry shrimp. Didn't you say that's what you had ??

I still couldn't figure out the person thing.. And ohh that makes sense! Haha yeah!

In your unread section on mobile, there's three horizontal bars. Push that and it will open up the first photo I sent. If you look all the way to the bottom it says "People". Tap that and a search bar will come up. Any other are that a search bar will come up can also be used. Type the name in there and it will show threads the person was active in. Or start a new thread looking for a person or item.

I'm so confused! Haha what does he sell? And what are his prices?

Is there a way you can tag him or get him to comment so I can see his account?

Is there a way you can tag him or get him to comment so I can see his account?

This isn't Facebook so tagging is out of the question. I can't make anybody do anything. I've given plenty of ways to find him so perhaps somebody in your house can help you with directions I've supplied.

On the mobile app go to Browse > Buy|Sell|Trade > Classified
Happy hunting.
Also, read up on drip acclimation. It will help increase your success with new arrivals.

Hey pitbully13 can you PM what stuff you sell? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom