Shrimp Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have java moss on a small clay plate. Went from golf ball size to basketball size. I have standard light and when I trim I just cut some off with scissors.

You could just do a marimo moss ball instead of the moss....just another option

Chances of a shrimps being lunch for the betta is really high. (They MIGHT get along, but that chance is low)

Has it been done before?

Yah I'm sure it has been done plenty of times but there is just a chance that it might not...but if you have enough hiding spots in you tank for then I think it should work

Yah I'm sure it has been done plenty of times but there is just a chance that it might not...but if you have enough hiding spots in you tank for then I think it should work

Ok. I think I'm gonna try when the 3g is cycled.

Its been done plenty of times, but the chances that they get along together are low.

I have 10 bettas, couple of them got along with shrimps for about 3-4 months. Until one day they accidentally discovered shrimps are delicious. Then they ate all the shrimps.

Its been done plenty of times, but the chances that they get along together are low.

I have 10 bettas, couple of them got along with shrimps for about 3-4 months. Until one day they accidentally discovered shrimps are delicious. Then they ate all the shrimps.

Oh we'll, If they get eaten, then it was like $2 wasted and that's not to much.

Question: how many shrimp (let's say Cherry Shrimp) can go into a 3g tank with a Betta?

Ddnt read the whole thread. But wanted to let you know that adding shrimp with a betta can be a mess.. my male betta is peaceful but i added 20 rcs and he ate like it was an all you can eat buffet leaving me 4 shrimp in less then an hour.. he was smart though n while i watched him didnt even look at them when i left he was jaws ... lol

Ddnt read the whole thread. But wanted to let you know that adding shrimp with a betta can be a mess.. my male betta is peaceful but i added 20 rcs and he ate like it was an all you can eat buffet leaving me 4 shrimp in less then an hour.. he was smart though n while i watched him didnt even look at them when i left he was jaws ... lol

I'll second that. I put 5 Amano shrimp in with my veiltail and I woke up one morning to one of them torn in half and the betta chasing the rest all over the tank. Horrible scene lol. Had to take them all out of there quick.

Back
Top Bottom