Shrimp Dropped Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was doing a water change today and noticed one of my shrimp was acting a bit funky. Took a closer look and she looked like her guts were spilling out. o_O Turns out she just happened to be pushing eggs out when I was doing a water change. It was neat, but she ended up dropping them right away. Do shrimp eventually drop unfertilized eggs or did my water change screw this up?

Anyhow I took some pics figured I'd post them.View attachment 89993

View attachment 89994

View attachment 89995
Last pic is just of random shrimp lol.
View attachment 89996

Interesting and nasty all in one.

Oddly enough those definitely look infertile, but I wonder why. She definitely looks like she was ejecting them. Weird.

I agree with Coursair. I have plenty of shrimp that don't drop eggs just because of a PWC, or even shifting them from tank to tank, it was likely unrelated stress or just a new mother.

Yeah I'm not too concerned, and the only reason I thought she might of dropped them because of the water change, was because she started it right before I started adding water. I tried to add water slowly but may of had a bit of current in her area causing her to fumble them.

Yeah so far I've found 2. They like to hang out on red colored leaves and are so tiny it's all but impossible to find them. Only way I seen those 2, was because an adult landed on the leaf and they went scampering. lol

Back
Top Bottom