Shrimp Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsOddi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon community tank, and I'd like to know if anyone had suggestions of compatible shrimp to add, as they are a family favorite and have a relatively low bioload.

Current stock...
1 trio of guppies + a few fry
2 Bolivian rams
6 pristella tetras
4 amano shrimp (constantly berried and molting)
2 nerite snails

The tank is well-established and densely planted with silk plants in the substrate and live floating plants. Ammonia and nitrites are always at 0 ppm, and nitrates remain >5 ppm with bi-weekly pwc.

Any suggestions? I love rcs, but I worry they wouldn't do well with the rams. Thanks! IMG_20170727_103517_288.jpg

I have a 20 gallon community tank, and I'd like to know if anyone had suggestions of compatible shrimp to add, as they are a family favorite and have a relatively low bioload.

Current stock...
1 trio of guppies + a few fry
2 Bolivian rams
6 pristella tetras
4 amano shrimp (constantly berried and molting)
2 nerite snails

The tank is well-established and densely planted with silk plants in the substrate and live floating plants. Ammonia and nitrites are always at 0 ppm, and nitrates remain >5 ppm with bi-weekly pwc.

Any suggestions? I love rcs, but I worry they wouldn't do well with the rams. Thanks! View attachment 302566

Hi - I'm new to this and can't offer suggestions. But I wanted to say I love the pic of your tank - it looks like a great lettuce patch!

Hi - I'm new to this and can't offer suggestions. But I wanted to say I love the pic of your tank - it looks like a great lettuce patch!
Thanks! I usually have more rocks, but I'm loving having so many plants in this tank! I just wish the lights were strong enough to support live plants.

in all honestly any neos would not do too well as the other fish would at the very least eat any shrimplings, and depending upon the rams behavior/size they might eat the adults. I would go with either more amanos or if you wanted to be risky start out with some lower quality RCS and see how they fare that way at the very least you aren't out too much money.

in all honestly any neos would not do too well as the other fish would at the very least eat any shrimplings, and depending upon the rams behavior/size they might eat the adults. I would go with either more amanos or if you wanted to be risky start out with some lower quality RCS and see how they fare that way at the very least you aren't out too much money.
Thanks for the advice. I just need to convince my husband that I need a shrimp tank! [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom