Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imsyu

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone help me set up a shrimp tank using a rimless tank?

not sure what could be cost effective, i was considering just getting a fluval pre built tank set up it those would be cheaper

I considered a Fluval Spec V for a shrimp tank but could not figure out an elegant way to prevent the baby shrimp from getting sucked into the filter intake slots. Not saying it can't be done but that's just my two cents. I ended up doing a conventional tank (20g long) with a bigger volume and bought the components separately.

Also, you might want to check out the tanks at aquavibrantdotcom. They have some nice rimless tanks and you can order your filter and lights (Finnex) there too.
Came close to ordering one but was not interested in a nano setup and wanted the stability on a "larger" tank. I did get the 100w Finnex submersible heater and Fugeray from that site.

thanks ! ill take a look at that website then=]

i was gonna do a dutch style tank too or should i get driftwood

From what I understand, Dutch style aquariums are moderately to heavily plants tanks. Nice as it is, that means a lot more hiding spaces...I want to see the shrimp, not hunt for them. Some Dutch styles incorporate driftwood (DW) as well.
I say get the DW and plants.

Back
Top Bottom