Shrimp w/ Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 37 gal angel tank and in there is some mollies and a a Pleco about 8-9 in. What kind of shrimp can I put in this setup? I've read a little about them and instantly fell 4 them...

BigJim said:
Angels will most likely eat any shrimp you put in the tank. Mollies may do the same.

Big adult Amanos might be ok. They are clear, so harder to see.

If you have a heavily planted tank or at least an area of a big tank. RCS might survive. Once fish learn the Shrimp can get away, some may make it and breed. Live plants not fake.

Have a 37 gal angel tank and in there is some mollies and a a Pleco about 8-9 in. What kind of shrimp can I put in this setup? I've read a little about them and instantly fell 4 them...

You could probably keep clawed shrimps u there. The angels are ok with big yamatos but plecos at 8-9inch is dangerous.

Coursair said:
Big adult Amanos might be ok. They are clear, so harder to see.

If you have a heavily planted tank or at least an area of a big tank. RCS might survive. Once fish learn the Shrimp can get away, some may make it and breed. Live plants not fake.

RCS??? Red cherry shrimp? Or Somthing else? Also I have some live plants...

Yes red cherry shrimp.

In my honest opinion, they wouldn't work with Angels. Nor most other fish.

Your best bet is ghost shrimp. I doubt even they would survive

I bet ghost shrimp would be ok. My angel is a pretty agressive eater and neee cared about them. Just get larger ones

Angels will eat any shrimp you add. Also a 9" pleco needs a tank larger than 37 gals.

siva said:
Angels will eat any shrimp you add. Also a 9" pleco needs a tank larger than 37 gals.

Yes...I kno... BuT I had no idea he would get this big so I am thinking on. Maybe getting rid of him then puttin 1-2 albino bristlenose in there! Also would ottos work in that setup instead of the ABN plecos? How many??

I went to the lfs yesterday and I saw some black kohli loaches and better yet the were only a dollar!! So I got 3 cuz thats what the fish guy said I should get! They hide a lot and I want to kno how many more i should get to make them more comfortable In there? I read that 6-7 is good but remember that the tank is only 37 gal and that they r only a dollar so I'm not worried about the price!

Fish4bass8 said:
I went to the lfs yesterday and I saw some black kohli loaches and better yet the were only a dollar!! So I got 3 cuz thats what the fish guy said I should get! They hide a lot and I want to kno how many more i should get to make them more comfortable In there? I read that 6-7 is good but remember that the tank is only 37 gal and that they r only a dollar so I'm not worried about the price!

3 is okay, but the more the better. Kuhlis are nit schoolers, but like groups. I recommend 6

Back
Top Bottom