Snail compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an apple & Colombian with my betta they get along fine, I also have 3 tiny baby rabbit snails in their till they grow with no problem,s :)

I've got two mystery snails in a heavily planted tank. They leave the plants alone. The only downside I have with them is how much they poo

I have three mystery snails and a handful of ramshorns. The ramshorns will have a bunch of eggs if you overfeed.

I LOVE my mystery (apple) snails. However, if your betta is a nipper, the snail might spend a lot of time in his shell. I have one snail that's always in his shell because any time anything touches him, he gets freaked out for the entire day.

Ramshorns are cool, but their eggs can end up everywhere.

My dwarf puffer just took out one of my Colombia snails antennaes

I think I am going to stick to a Nerite :) I don't want to have to deal with a snail infestation. I am thinking it might be a good idea to get the snail first so the betta doesn't see it as a new tank intruder.

They can't?!!! That would save me a huge hassle!

Perhaps they wouldn't give you a hassle but If it dies then you'd have to spend more money to purchase another one when you could just have one lay eggs and have a steady flow of snails coming in. Therefore, I suggest you get an Apple Snail. But it's entirely up to you that's just my opinion.

AquaScapeFrenzy said:
Perhaps they wouldn't give you a hassle but If it dies then you'd have to spend more money to purchase another one when you could just have one lay eggs and have a steady flow of snails coming in. Therefore, I suggest you get an Apple Snail. But it's entirely up to you that's just my opinion.

I honestly don't want to have tons of babies. I had mollies before and started out with two females who happened to be on the early stages of pregnancy when I got them and I woke up to tons of babies and it was a nightmare trying to rehome the ones I couldn't keep. Plus I plan on keeping live plants and don't want them to devour them all ;) if I could get one apple snail and not have to worry about eggs that would be ideal but most likely won't happen. I just don't have the heart to scrape all the eggs off and kill them :(

Back
Top Bottom