Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I cycle with snails? It would honestly just be nice to see something living in my tank.

Bummer! Anything you would recommend, or should I do an actual "fishless" cycle? Haha!

Do you know anyone that has a freshwater tank? You can borrow some media from them. Maybe a LFS.

I was actually thinking about buying some freshwater plants from a LFS since they would help jump start my tank.

Plants will not help start your cycle. You can try buying filter media from them it's a better option.

Thanks for the help! I may just use plants then. I don't think I even need the Prime (except for PWC) be chase it's been sitting for a day. I bought a bud plant from Wal-Mart and it seems to be sprouting. I only have play sand though, so I'm not sure if that cycle will work for me.

image-1956237478.jpg

I believe that is the plant growing on the left.

Olive nerites are good for cycling. I always use them along with guppies and ramshorns for my cycling.

I used baby mystery snails while two of my tanks were cycling...I'm going to use some on my ten gallon as well once I get it all set up today hopefully

Back
Top Bottom