Snail recommendations needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd like to add a snail or snails to my 16g planted. I have CPDs and pygmy cories, so I'm looking for something that would help with algae plus add a bit of difference to the tank. In addition to type of snail, how many would you recommend for a 16g?

I use MTS to keep my sand aerated. They can overbreed but they are harmless to plants. I don't have an algae issue.

A single Nerite is awesome, but they run out of algae fast and won't always eat anything else.

I have Ramshorns and Pond snails as well. Plant safe.
MTS ( Malaysian trumpet snails next to my habrosus )ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420694030.269288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Years ago I used to breed and sell MTS!

Are nerite safe with shrimp?

I hear nerites run out of minerals for their shells fast and die faster than other snails because they're technically saltwater snails? Anyway. MTS and ramshorns are good!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like my nerites they get on fine with my amanos, the 2 I have in my big tank are over 3yrs old! The one's I have in my 16 gallon I put food out for them they enjoy cucumber and my calcium block that also contains food. As been stated they can starve in smaller tank's.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom