Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive just been reading the profile on AA on assassin snails, and it says they dont eat shrimp, it also states theyre safe with nerites.
While at a lfs I was looking at horned nerites the other day, would they be safe with these as the horned nerites only average 1/4 inch as an adult.

So my questions are:
Are horned nerites safe with assassins?
Do horned nerites eat plants?

leek86 said:
Ive just been reading the profile on AA on assassin snails, and it says they dont eat shrimp, it also states theyre safe with nerites.
While at a lfs I was looking at horned nerites the other day, would they be safe with these as the horned nerites only average 1/4 inch as an adult.

So my questions are:
Are horned nerites safe with assassins?
Do horned nerites eat plants?

Actually, it IS possible for an assassin snail to kill a shrimp. Hopefully someone else will confirm that, but I do believe they can. I've also read and heard that they can kill regular nerite snails, it's just very very uncommon. Horned nerites do NOT eat plants :)

That is a fact, of the shrimp is not healthy or busy and not paying attention they might get killed.

Back
Top Bottom