Sudden change in crays behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had a crawfish for several months now prolly around 6months and its molted twice but it recently molted and now it's been acting very aggressive and is climbing everything when before it was scared of everything and would hide any reason for this..

It seems like its trying to get out of my aquarium

I've only had my cray for 2 weeks no, and it hasn't molted for me yet. Vlad has his days where he acts brazen and tries climbing the aquarium glass, or air hose. Then there are the days where he's a recluse under his clay pot.

How long has he been acting like this?

Have you tried feeding it some live food? Perhaps that will get some of the aggression out. :D

Awhhh man I didn't even think of live food I used to feed my clown knives feeders and it would catch one or two and eat the whole fish man I need to try it and he's only been acting like this few about a week

I've had a crawfish for several months now prolly around 6months and its molted twice but it recently molted and now it's been acting very aggressive and is climbing everything when before it was scared of everything and would hide any reason for this..

What have you been feeding it? I've read anecdotal evidence that higher protein diets cause greater aggression.

What are your water parameters? It's possible that if he is trying to escape, he is upset with unsatisfactory water conditions.

What is the lighting in the tank? The answer should be "none, to very minimal". You should only have lights on in the tank when you want to look at him. Otherwise, the lights will bother them.

Well it's never had a problem with the lights and the water has been the same for months now I do have this brown algae I can't get rid of and I feed it sinking pellets
Here's a pic of the algae

Attachments

• image-3184419636.jpg
    image-3184419636.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 87
I'm not sure bout that I'm 16 and don't have any of the testing equipment

Ok well a lot of places like Petsmart and Petco will do a free water test for you of you bring a cup of your water there. Otherwise it would be a good idea to get an API Freshwater Master Test Kit

Mine acts this way normally. Always has. We have had it for three months now and its molted three times. Eating nothing but shrimp pellets. Mine climbs everything trying to "escape". I have to assume this is normal behavior as mine only becomes timid or "scared" and hides for four days during a molt. I would test the water just to be safe but i wouldnt worry about it. Mine acts this way and is very happy and healthy.

Ok thanks I will try that text kit hopefully when I start my job but until then she looks fine and plus I just got 4 plecos for both my tanks and it seems to be doin a lot better

Back
Top Bottom