Thinking of getting cpo crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Think of getting cpo's for my 20g planted tank. Just want to make sure they will be compatible. Tank is planted with lots of hiding spaces. Current inhabitants are red cherry shrimp of all ages. Dwarf Cory's and celestial pearl danios and an otos. Also assassin and pond snails. Not too concerned of crayfish eating shrimp babies. Concerned about my pygmy Cory's. For some reason my pygmy Cory's are extremely skittish and since they inhabit the same region of the tank, wondering it the Cory's will be freaked out even more. Ty for any cpo advice.

My CPO's are AWESOME! They completely ignore my pleco, Cory's and shrimp... They are busy bees and don't seem to have any interest whatsoever in other fish. They love climbing all the plants and hiding in holes and that's pretty much about it.

Oh, and they are by far the slowest moving creatures in the tank. Don't get me wrong, they're not snails... But they completely lack the ability to swim whatsoever. I don't think your Pygmy Cory's would feel threatened at all.

Any special feeding requirements

A fun way to feed them is to get a bunch of mts and then a couple assassin snails. My first one ate the plugs the assassin left behind. He loved them!

Is three a good number for my 20h?

Yeah. just try and make sure you get two females to one male. And they must have more hiding places than cray because they need to hide after the molt. They are scavengers and will eat anything, but they enjoy the pellets for my shrimp as well as algae wafers. I have seen them snack on a mega super super tiny snail once and also a dead shrimp.

Which species of cambrellus is best to get. Is only difference color? Could i get different subspecies of cambrellus in same tank?

Which species of cambrellus is best to get. Is only difference color? Could i get different subspecies of cambrellus in same tank?

Well. CPO is referring to the Mexican Orange Dwarf Crayfish... As far as I know there is no other crayfish close in relation... From what I know all the other Crayfish get much larger (10cm and larger).

Well. CPO is referring to the Mexican Orange Dwarf Crayfish... As far as I know there is no other crayfish close in relation... From what I know all the other Crayfish get much larger (10cm and larger).

There is the cajun dwarf which to my understanding is the same species without the orange coloration. The orange is a morph that is not even present in the wild. It may not be present because it makes the animal such a target.

Saw something called cambrellus shuft.... And cambrellus pax...something.

Curios if I could put one or two in my 5g planted with a dwarf puffer and a few cherry shrimp. My puffer has shown Zero aggression towards the shrimp

Curios if I could put one or two in my 5g planted with a dwarf puffer and a few cherry shrimp. My puffer has shown Zero aggression towards the shrimp

I'd start off with one in a 5g. Or at least be sure to get one male and one female.

Back
Top Bottom