This might be a silly question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
Creygish eat anything it can catch basicly correct...

So it cant go in a shrimp tank right?

How can you say that when you don't know what kind of Crayfish he is talking about?

What kind of crayfish..
okay,youre right. but unless its a dwarf cray,dont do it

TheNamelessPoet said:
Creygish eat anything it can catch basicly correct...

So it cant go in a shrimp tank right?

I've got a blue cray in with many different types of shrimp and he
Doesn't touch them simple they can swim
He can only crawl on the bottom he has had a few when they wer first put in but they do learn pretty quick and just scoot out the way when he comes near :) trust me
You will be fine

here is my little guy... he has caught a couple fish... well about 1/2 a dozen actualy... my otto's and my neons

so i guess 8 fish total. I suppose I could get a ghoast shrimp or 2 and see what happens first. I do keep him fed, 3-5 shrimp pellets 6 days a week

Attachments

• 2012-02-19_20.31.47.jpg
    2012-02-19_20.31.47.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 86
Big Daddy Cray, my electric blue, lives with some ghost shrimp. I've found that as long as they can move quickly he can't catch them. Putting obstacles on the ground will also help slow him down

TheNamelessPoet said:
here is my little guy... he has caught a couple fish... well about 1/2 a dozen actualy... my otto's and my neons

so i guess 8 fish total. I suppose I could get a ghoast shrimp or 2 and see what happens first. I do keep him fed, 3-5 shrimp pellets 6 days a week

If I disturb my tank and leave him with no suitable home he is really happy with he will go on a hunting spree but if you give him a perfect little cave he will just sit in and mind his own business yours is till pretty small so you can't really over feed him I feed my full grown adult one large multi wafer a day and he's absolutely fine fights with my large plec and holds on for a ride every now and again.....

image-1028030607.jpg

TheNamelessPoet said:

I'm not exactly certain what kind it is. It looks like a CPO. What size is it?

If I disturb my tank and leave him with no suitable home he is really happy with he will go on a hunting spree but if you give him a perfect little cave he will just sit in and mind his own business yours is till pretty small so you can't really over feed him I feed my full grown adult one large multi wafer a day and he's absolutely fine fights with my large plec and holds on for a ride every now and again.....

View attachment 97740
howbig is your cray? because that looks like a male red claw cray,that can get too like a foot long. at 4 inches,mine started eating anything she could catch. and didnt stop until she had a bad moult. unless the pleco is a lot bigger,it will be a midnight snack. and if it finds a shrimp at night,get the shrimp sauce

I am not sue the exactly species. Its fire red they said. He is about 2.5-3" I would guess. Every time I try to get close he starts running around so its hard to measure. Based on a rock in the tank tho I would say about 2.5-3.

TheNamelessPoet said:
I am not sue the exactly species. Its fire red they said. He is about 2.5-3" I would guess. Every time I try to get close he starts running around so its hard to measure. Based on a rock in the tank tho I would say about 2.5-3.

He probably isn't a CPO then. Beware of buying crayfish you don't know the species and all the info on

He probably isn't a CPO then. Beware of buying crayfish you don't know the species and all the info on
It was am impulse buy lol.

I ahd my heart set on a "Cobalt blue" then when I say the red/orange in the tank I fell in love since I have black sand it stands out GREAT as my centerpiece.

[edit]
so sounds like it and shrimp are a bad idea then

Back
Top Bottom