Thoughts on Rainbowfish and RCS compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theresa Barwell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am wondering about thoughts on whether or not RCS will be compatible with Bosemani Rainbowfish and Cherry Barbs. I have 6 Rainbows, 9 Barbs, 6 Nerite Snails and 3 Otos in a 55 gal. planted tank and would like to add about 20 RCS. I realize that young will probably be lost to the appetites of the fish but hope that the mature shrimp might be able to find a niche.

I think the barbs would be fine but the bosemani might make a snack out of the RCS. Generous cover will help increase their chances to survive.
Though less colorful, amano shrimp might be a better choice. They are 2-3x bigger and hardworking scavengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Amanos it is then. My Rainbows are pretty small now so I had a momentary lapse in judgement when I thought they wouldn't be able t eat the cherry shrimp. Thanks.

I just put two Amano and one Flower shrimp in my tank. That's all my LFS had at the moment. If these do well, I may get a few more. They are pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom