Too many babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greylady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I have a 20 gallon long freshwater planted tank with 6 Neon tetras, 4 Cardinal Tetras, 2 fancy tail guppies, a zebra snail, numerous MTS. Approximately 2/3rds planted.

I had a Ghost shrimp that was carring eggs right before she dissapeared a couple of months ago. I assume she passed, she was very old. I didn't think anything about it because I'd seen her with eggs before and nothing ever came of it.

I decided to get some Amano shrimp instead of another Ghost because I was having a minor algae outbreak and wanted something to help combat it so I got 2 Amano shrimp about a month ago.

A couple weeks ago I saw 4 very very tiny shrimp. They have doubled in size and I have identified them as Ghost Shrimp. The issue is more and more keep showing up. At last count there were 10.

So my question is, how many is too many for my tank? Do I need to make plans to try to give some away?

Thanks!

Yikes! That's a lot of shrimp! Lol, guess I'm ok then. Thanks :)

Those ghost babies are survivors! I had six show up and I found nine more living in the filter.

Back
Top Bottom