Water circulation question for a shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I started a 40g shrimp tank and lately there's been mulm build up in 2 areas of my tank and I was wondering if I could add a hydor coralina without turning my shrimp and shrimplets into mince meat >< or if there's other options available =) I'm using a ac 70 with the ss mesh so nothing gets sucked in btw and it's in the middle of the tank

If you have dead spots, why not use 2 AC50 instead of one AC70?
That way you don't have to add a circulation pump.

If you really wanted a add a circulation pump, go with a powerhead instead so you can use a prefilter like you AC70

If you have dead spots, why not use 2 AC50 instead of one AC70?
That way you don't have to add a circulation pump.

If you really wanted a add a circulation pump, go with a powerhead instead so you can use a prefilter like you AC70

Well mostly because I don't have 2 ac 50s hehe and I have a type of powerhead already and while it moves water it's too much of a jet instead of a wide...wide...brain fart...sumthing haha it's not doing the job well, it used to be fine with cries kicking up the mulm but they're in my 60 now

I was looking for something with a wider flow output that's what I wanted to say.... one of the dead spots is under the jet

Add an ac 50??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just run them on opposite ends of the tank?

That would seem most logical, however, you may have to experiment with their exact location along the back of the tank. Substrate texture, decor, and plants will influence flow patterns. You can observe what happens to suspended flake food or detritus and see where things end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom