Water pH and Apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Image1489346955.691246.jpg.
I am having problems as you can see by my photo with my snails shells. They are also lethargic not seeing them scooting around the tank as you usual or eating. This has been going on for about a week. My pH level is seven I used a neutral regulator that removes chlorine chlorinemine and detoxifies ammonia. It is a Seachem product. I just started making them snail Jell-O and adding egg shells to their diet. I must admit it has been several months since I have given them any calcium I did not realize that they had to have calcium anyway I need help I don't know why they're lethargic I hope that my 7PH is good for them can anybody help me thank you in advance.

You need to increase the ph. 7.2 is the lowest or the water will leach minerals from the shell. Do in naturally my adding coral/algonite sand to your filter. I use 1/2 cup for 29g.

You need to increase the ph. 7.2 is the lowest or the water will leach minerals from the shell. Do in naturally my adding coral/algonite sand to your filter. I use 1/2 cup for 29g.

I understand that Pete helps with pH if I use Pete granules will it help raise the pH and if so how much should I use for a 20 gallon tank I just put about A half a cup of P granules in there

apple snails and calcium

ive heard that a cuttle bone like you give too birds were a good source for snails

Image1489359305.018809.jpg I just put sand in the tank new plants no plastic plants so I just don't know I also have liquid calcium coming for them but I don't know if I should use the calcium now because I have been told that it lowers pH do you know anything about that?

ive heard that a cuttle bone like you give too birds were a good source for snails

I have been using cuttlebone. I was using cuttlebone because I have not been able to make them food yet and get powdered calcium so they have been eating the cuttlebone so I just don't know I'm trying so hard to figure this out thank you for your input I appreciate it very much

Peet lowers the ph.

I have never been successful feeding high calcium foods alone. The water was leaching the minerals to fast. Your sand will not help unless it is a specific kind.

Peet lowers the ph.

I have never been successful feeding high calcium foods alone. The water was leaching the minerals to fast. Your sand will not help unless it is a specific kind.

OK I will pick up some of the sand you recommended. I will put some in my tank.
Will the sand continue to raise my pH level to a good level throughout all my water changes I change water every week. I do a 25% one week the next week I do a 50% water change.
And again I do appreciate your help thank you so much [emoji222][emoji222][emoji222]

Back
Top Bottom