Way too many mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crapotm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has become overloaded with mystery snails. I'm talking about like 50+ in a 75 gallon tank. A couple clutches hatched without my knowledge and next thing I knew BAM!! Now I'm at the point where one of my black skirted tetras has had basically it's entire back end (tail and partially onto the body) bitten off. I'm not sure if it was from the snails or the other fish, but I know snails can also be opportunistic at times as well.

My scenario though; I don't necessarily want to kill the snails but I would like to get rid of them. I've tried selling them locally but had no luck. Can anyone help me?20170621_225202.jpg

I've got one local fish store that I'm trying to get interested. Craigslist and Facebook pages haven't helped yet, but I haven't tried eBay yet and may resort to that.

How much are you selling them for? Someone around me is selling some, but they're charging almost 3 times the price every other store is asking, so probably not getting rid of many

What is asking price? Because mine were originally 3.50 each. So I was thinking 2 a piece

The one store around here sells them for 1.49. Try 2 if you want, but I'd check local stores and make sure you're charging less. If you really need them gone you could a buck or less to speed things up.

I have no idea where you are located. Call Steve at Concord Aquarium in Concord Ca. They are closed Mondays and probably closed the 4th. He pays a $1 a snail and likes the golds. Has problems getting them. Tell him Toni the snail lady referred you. He will probably take 20-40 and have you ship them priority mail.

Back
Top Bottom