What are my options for brackish invertebrates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are there any true brackish water invertebrates exist? I have Mono angels, Puffers, Archers and green spotted Scats. Inspite of having two power filters I see there waste on gravels. Can I add some invertebrates or cleaners other than plecos?

I'm not sure off-hand of anything I've seen labelled as 'brackish' for invertebrates, though I recall reading that Nerite snails (not 100% if it's a particular variety, or even correct info) need brackish water to spawn. So that might be a solid maybe to look into:confused:

I'm not sure off-hand of anything I've seen labelled as 'brackish' for invertebrates, though I recall reading that Nerite snails (not 100% if it's a particular variety, or even correct info) need brackish water to spawn. So that might be a solid maybe to look into:confused:
Thanks for the reply. I ll look into it.

Nerites are great snails, but your puffers might eat them.
Thanks. I dropped the idea of puffers because of feeding problems. I do have Hikari shell food available but it will make tank water dirty because of left overs and also when I feed bloodworms and shrimps to my other fish the puffers will jump in and will prefer that instead of shell food and that would be not good for there teeth.

Back
Top Bottom