What do you feed your snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do you feed your snails? I have mystery snails and rams horns and was trying to see what foods are best to feed them that are significant in calcium. Just trying to make their shells look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you feed your snails? I have mystery snails and rams horns and was trying to see what foods are best to feed them that are significant in calcium. Just trying to make their shells look better.

Hi, I feed mine blanched spinach and kale which is good for calcium, also hikari crab cuisine is great as well. Adding cuttlebone to the tank also helps, my snail's eat it occasionally. What's your ph?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Not sure on the ph. I have to order another test kit. But I did go and get some cuttlebone today. What is the best way to put it in the tank? Should I just put small pieces in or should I grind it up and make a powder like substance?

I just break a piece of and put it in, it will float for a while before sinking.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I have sand dollars in some of my tanks as decoration, but I often see snails on them. Perhaps eating them for calcium? I guess I never considered specialized food for snails. I always just thought they would clean up and exist on left over food and detritus.

I bought some special sinking snail pellets from Aquatic Arts. My mystery snails LOVE them as do the cory catfish and even the Betta.... I also drop in on occasion very tiny slices of canned green beans rinsed well.

Snail jello, blanched cucumber, algae wafers, shrimp pellets

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom