What is going on here?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paynge1225

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 14 gallon with 6 male guppies, a few ghost shrimp, a mystery snail and today just got a nerite snail from a friend. Everything was nice and peaceful for most of the day, lights out and it's on!!!! The attached photo shows my mystery snail either checking out, or trying to kill my nerite!! At one point the mystery snail was almost all the way out of the shell and completely engulfed the nerite. I gave my mystery snail an algae wafer earlier, which it devoured, so it should not be famished!!!! I was concerned about letting nature take it's course therefore I gently separated them. I have had those two species in a tank before with no issues, just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if I should be concerned?!?!

Thanks in advance for any info! I am a newbie here, and really enjoy this site!!!(y)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 94
IME when snails do that, they are just grazing over eachothers shell. The only snail that I know that attacks other snails is an Assassin.

That is what I thought. But it was just alarming that they were stuck like that for quite awhile and the mystery snail was pretty much all the way out of the shell! Just didn't look good!!!

My apples do that to my other snails they like cleaning them nothing too worry about :)

Back
Top Bottom