What kind of shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mappy306

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking at this earlier. I had some questions on a few of the stock i was looking at.... amano shrimp or red cherry shrimp. Which one is better for hair algae? I read they are both pretty prolific. I was thinking of getting a 2 or 3. What do you do with the offspring? I really dont want to have a tank full of shrimp.
6 zebra danios (fish-in cycling)
4 sterba corys. (would 5 be better?)
2 shrimp ... red cherry or amano?
2 otos
1 flame dwarf gourami

26g bowfront
Cascade 700 canister filter.
I would be around 90%.

mappy306 said:
I was looking at this earlier. I had some questions on a few of the stock i was looking at.... amano shrimp or red cherry shrimp. Which one is better for hair algae? I read they are both pretty prolific. I was thinking of getting a 2 or 3. What do you do with the offspring? I really dont want to have a tank full of shrimp.
6 zebra danios (fish-in cycling)
4 sterba corys. (would 5 be better?)
2 shrimp ... red cherry or amano?
2 otos
1 flame dwarf gourami

26g bowfront
Cascade 700 canister filter.
I would be around 90%.

I've heard that Amanos are actually impossible to breed and many die right away due to being wild caught and starvation. Just what I've read. No personal experience.
http://www.planetinverts.com/Amano Shrimp.html

I put a sponge over my intake. Your fish will eat Cherry babies so don't worry about being over run. Amanos are best on algae, but bad hair algae is tough and Shrimp can only do so much.

Back
Top Bottom