what shrimp would be best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to add shrimp too my tank. I did add rcs once & it didn't work! But I was wondering if I added amanos would I have the same problem? It's a 55gallon, 1 elephant nose, 1 juvi angelfish, 1 pearl gourami, 1 bnp & snails. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Amanos should work out well. Also, you can check into Bamboo shrimp, they get large enough, but do best in established tanks with good filter flow, as they are filter feeders.

I,ll have to have a look for bamboo shrimps haven't seen them before. My tank has been running for 2years, definitely would like to give them a go. How many do you recommend to start with. :)

Some people keep bamboos in groups, I have a single and he does great. I do keep 3 amanos, but they don't really interact at all.

Thanks I,ll do some reading on them & then decide, will the amanos be able to compete for food ok?

I've seen amanos grab a shrimp pellet and then pump their littler swimmerettes flying through the tank holding the pellet until they reach a hiding place. Trust me, they won't starve. LOL

I have both types and I never saw my ammanos in my 55 so I moved them and are now out all the time. I have 4 bamboo shrimp in there now and I see them all the time!! They hang out on my drift wood at the tip in front of my flow of my filter:) I'll attach a pic of them

image-4188419067.jpg

image-2478256222.jpg

Can some one tell me what shrimp is best for cleaning and eating pest snails?

LyndaB said:
I've seen amanos grab a shrimp pellet and then pump their littler swimmerettes flying through the tank holding the pellet until they reach a hiding place. Trust me, they won't starve. LOL

Thanks you,ve been a great help off to my lfs tomorrow :)

hcourts said:
I have both types and I never saw my ammanos in my 55 so I moved them and are now out all the time. I have 4 bamboo shrimp in there now and I see them all the time!! They hang out on my drift wood at the tip in front of my flow of my filter:) I'll attach a pic of them

Their cool :)

Back
Top Bottom