Will Red Cherry Shrimps and Cherry Barbs go together in a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to be sure if cherry barbs and RCS go together before I will put them together. I am getting some RCS from a good friend here in AA, and I was just going to put them alone but come to think of it, I was gonna have the cherry barbs with them.

If they are not compatible (eventhough I have been researching for hours now if they are good together but cannot find the right answer) please do let me know so I can just put the RCS in their own tank and have my own little colony and have the cherry barbs in another tank.

Thanks for all your anticipated answers. :cool::flowers:

you can put them together but beware that the barbs might eat the baby shrimp. other than that, the barbs stay relatively small so they shouldnt be a trouble to your shrimp. there are always some exception to this tho, some fish are just naturally aggressive >.>

daileene said:
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to be sure if cherry barbs and RCS go together before I will put them together. I am getting some RCS from a good friend here in AA, and I was just going to put them alone but come to think of it, I was gonna have the cherry barbs with them.

If they are not compatible (eventhough I have been researching for hours now if they are good together but cannot find the right answer) please do let me know so I can just put the RCS in their own tank and have my own little colony and have the cherry barbs in another tank.

Thanks for all your anticipated answers. :cool::flowers:

I wouldn't trust my Barbs. I know most Tetras are VERY predatory to smaller Shrimp. I'd set up separate and try a few in the Barb tank with lots of plants to hide in. Turn off light before you release them. Check daily and rescue if needed.

Hi Joker. Well supposedly the cherry barbs are very peaceful fish, so I wasn't sure if they are also peaceful with RCS. They are relatively close to color. So maybe I could try them together but I am just afraid that I am going to lose some of the RCS. I know I am getting 2 adults (male and female) and 4 unsexed RCS. So I wanted to make sure.

I wouldn't trust my Barbs. I know most Tetras are VERY predatory to smaller Shrimp. I'd set up separate and try a few in the Barb tank with lots of plants to hide in. Turn off light before you release them. Check daily and rescue if needed.

Hi Coursair. Thanks for the information. I guess no matter how peaceful the fish are, they can be tricky too :(. I probably will just separate them then, just in case. I don't want to take the risk.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom