Will this stock work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wouldn't get any gourami with cherry shrimp, they'll probably turn into an expensive snack...but i've heard that sparkling gourami are pretty small (1 inch at the most) and danios need quite a length of space to swim so maybe you should replace the danios for tetras or rasboras? try the gourami out first, put one shrimp with it first before putting all of your shrimp in. if your gourami goes after it, i'd suggest returning it or putting it in another tank.

Sparkling Gouramis LOVE to eat Shrimp.

My 10g
7 CPDs
1 Scarlet Badis ( Dario Dario)
50-100 RCS
8 CRS
5 Cory. habrosus
3 Threadfin Rainbows

HEAVILY planted. Weekly PWCs or more.
CPDs and Dario Dario both may eat shrimplets. BUT everybody leaves my adult Shrimp alone. I still get babies. Just not as many. My DD eats flake and frozen and always has a nice tummy.

You can see my tank in my profile pics.

Coursair said:
Sparkling Gouramis LOVE to eat Shrimp.

My 10g
7 CPDs
1 Scarlet Badis ( Dario Dario)
50-100 RCS
8 CRS
5 Cory. habrosus
3 Threadfin Rainbows

HEAVILY planted. Weekly PWCs or more.
CPDs and Dario Dario both may eat shrimplets. BUT everybody leaves my adult Shrimp alone. I still get babies. Just not as many. My DD eats flake and frozen and always has a nice tummy.

You can see my tank in my profile pics.

Your tank was actually my inspiration! And the fact that they MAY eat some of the shrimp doesnt bother me all that much because I am planning on having heavily planted soo they should have room to hide and the fish have some natural predator prey aspect.

Aquarist27 said:
Your tank was actually my inspiration! And the fact that they MAY eat some of the shrimp doesnt bother me all that much because I am planning on having heavily planted soo they should have room to hide and the fish have some natural predator prey aspect.

Then I would either
A. Start Shrimp first so they can build up the numbers before you add predators.
B. have a separate Shrimp tank for restocking.

Check on the Gouramis. I've been told they will hunt and kill all sizes. If that's the case your Shrimp will never come out and relax AFAIK. I haven't kept Sparklings yet.

Back
Top Bottom