Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Contests
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Please give us your input on contests

Hello everyone I really need your help with this .

I need ideas on how to bring back interest in both TOTM and POTM Contests,
Both are at risk of closing due to lack of submissions and participation .
I don't think anyone knows how much time I put in to keep these contests going. I have the dedication to spend many hours a day searching for all them deserving tanks,

I enjoy seeing all your beautiful tanks a long with talking with all of you behind the scenes ,

Back in 2014 these contests came to a screaming halt for the very same reason.

Exactly a year later I stepped in to help getting thing up and running again . That in it's self was no easy feat . I kept my promise on getting these contests up and running once , I intend on doing the same now but if this is going to happen I need your help ,

any ideas that can help make these contests more appealing is welcome .
I think if we all put our heads together we can get things up and running smooth again.

If you see another members tank that deserves a chance at TOTM please by all means submit it a long with members name .

If you see a members picture that should get more recognition tell them to submit it into the POTM contest .

I fought hard to get the contests to include our members , allowing them to vote , and have a say who deserves that badge .

I invite both new and the old members to join the many tanks that already showed there beauty and are displayed on our home page , all you need to do is to take that first step!! show me what you got it can be freshwater , saltwater , planted , reptiles .

Your tank could be the next to make the cover This could be you ...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/coverpage

It don't matter if your tank is jammed pact or not !
new or old , it's about the creativity the love , dedication take pride in what you create ,

It's up to you to help me get our contests stronger than ever . that support to bring us all together and make our community even better.

Suggestions on other contests are also welcome

Remember I need your help
thank you for making our community great
seaweed

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

One I'm really interested in is are people aware of the contests section? Do we want a contests section?

And what are the good things or bad things about the POTM / TOTM contests? We would really appreciate your comments or any suggestions (or just PM us).

For example checking photo rotation is correct catches me sometimes. Some info on how to post photos might be useful??

Old 09-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think if it was easier to post pictures when you use the app, I find the have to open browser not so easy on my phone so it kinda puts me off.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
I think if it was easier to post pictures when you use the app, I find the have to open browser not so easy on my phone so it kinda puts me off.

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I love POTM contests on the forums I participate on, but I wouldn't make this a separate section, I would sticky the contest to the main general area and then unsticky when it's over as you'll have a lot more visibility.

Hope that helps!

Dan
Old 09-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

This is also the problem I have. Always using an app and rare to use the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #7
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

one thing I keep seeing is the phone app . I myself really don't know much in that area ,
as I don't even have a cell anymore since they got so high tech . I always said and still stand by it if you can't load a picture to contact me via pm I will do my best to help , if it takes you having to send it via email to me , I am happy to submit it for you ,

the one thing that really upsets me is going by the count of visits to the TOTM page ,
160 visits only 3 votes , same with POTM 4 submitted picts 192 visits .

I know many use the phone app as it shows up on each post , this is the part I don't understand if one can post from their phone for their thread , how is that different to post a submission to POTM or TOTM .
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I went to post a picture of a shrimp during the shrimp theme POTM. Then it said I couldn't just upload a picture from my phone I had to go through something else and I just gave up. Was looking forward to posting my pic too.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

So basically we need to upload pics from our phone similar to posting in a thread. It's that simple seaweed.
I don't even own a computer. I use my gfs for billing and important emails. 99% of my life is run from my phone.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
I went to post a picture of a shrimp during the shrimp theme POTM. Then it said I couldn't just upload a picture from my phone I had to go through something else and I just gave up. Was looking forward to posting my pic too.

Yeah that's exactly what happened to me. And I just didn't bother trying again.
I just use the app.

Tags
contest, test

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com