Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Contests
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

POTM Contest Rules

All-

We're rolling out a new POTM Contest that we're really excited about! This first month will be short, since we're starting in the middle of the month, but it'll get the contest started. The new contest will work as follows:

1. Previous month winner (I'm doing it this month to get it started) sets up a contest thread with an introductory post that outlines the parameters of the contest e.g. "colorful tanks" - Must be a theme that both freshwater and saltwater tanks can compete in.

2. Members post their images to that thread. 1 picture per month no exception.

3. At the end of the month the thread starter chooses a winner and posts (on the same thread).

4. No conversation other than a short congratulations to the winner at end of month. One word comments are prohibited .

I'll be starting the first contest. To make it fair, I'll have the staff vote for the first winner. Once that winner is chosen, they'll start a new contest for November with a new theme. That member will decide the winner of the November contest. The winner of the new contest will start a contest for December, and so on and so forth.

If anyone has any questions about how to handle this contest, please feel free to PM myself or any of the mods/admins on the site. The following should be copied in to the new contest thread:

Please post your photo for the [October 2013] POTM contest. This months theme is [aquascape]. Photos must be uploaded to your gallery and the bbcode link posted in the thread. A brief description of your photo may be included. One photo per member per month allowed, and photos MUST be taken by you. I will select the winner of the contest based on the quality of the photograph and how closely it relates to the theme this month . The winner will copy and paste this section to a new thread, where they will decide the theme of next months contest. Submissions will be accepted until the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on the first day of the next month. The new contest thread should be created no later than the 3rd day of the new month. I will send a PM to the winner, letting them know that they have won, along with a post in this thread. I will also send a PM to an admin or moderator, so that they can add the POTM Badge to your account. Good luck!

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

So when does the contest start? We are ready for the topic!

Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Well, I had intended for this to be it... but I suppose explaining it may have led to some confusion. I'll post a new one.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just one suggestion... you might want to consider splitting this into 1 for freshwater and 1 for saltwater simply because there are many factors that are not very easy to compete against each other. Things such as colorful tanks, SW has that pretty much hands down due to the vast amount of various colors of corals, fish, and inverts. Freshwater has a few colorful fish but nothing comparable and plants are limited to reds, pinks, some bit of orange and yellow but mostly green. Plus if a winner picks the next winner will there be an issue of SW leaning to SW and FW to FW simply because they see and relate better to those types of tanks and fish? And are contests limited now to only "water" themes... just curious on that one. Just throwing out some things you may not have considered.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to sjonesej0
Hello, do you have Fisher Price Aquarium Contests? I'm at that level, I just started, fresh water 6 gal Fluval edge. I have a fiddler crab named Squishy and a neon tetra named Apricot. Also a white Molly named "I'm pretty sure you are going to belly up by morning".
Old 04-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

How do you enter the contest. Upload photo? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-14-2016, 01:42 AM   #7
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardg View Post
How do you enter the contest. Upload photo? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

PM sent.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

How do I enter the totm?
Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASPER7513 View Post
How do I enter the totm?
I already added your tank into the vault , yes I'm fast lol so your already entered in TOTM but your still welcome to post a picture on the full tank shot pict forum if you like

To enter the Tank of the Month contest: Post a picture of your full tank in the Photography Section in the “Post your full tank shot here follow Link: Post your full tank shot here. Past winners may not enter the contest but may still vote on contest polls. Contests will be held for freshwater, saltwater or other tank types in a monthly rotation.

RULES
  1. Each month 3 members tanks will be selected by the computer generated spin wheel .
  2. These choices will be posted in poll form for final decision by AA members. The identity of the contestants will be hidden until the judging has been completed.
  3. The winner is picked by Forum members and moderators via a poll.
  4. Once a winner is chosen they will be contacted and their name (or username) will be posted at that time.
  5. Winners be required to submit 4/6 pictures along with a short summary describing all that has been done to their tank and they will receive a badge. Their tank will be featured on the homepage of the site.
  6. TOTM welcomes both huge tanks and nano tanks; as well as freshwater, saltwater tanks
  7. if have anymore questions about TOTM feel free to pm me
Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tank of the Month Award

Is the Photo of the Month contest going to start up again.. Cause I got photos man

Funken_A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, test

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com