Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Contests
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

September 2015 Freshwater POTM

This months topic is all about rainbows and jelly beans: color! It can be plants or fish, big or small, (heck, maybe even that clown puke gravel that you always regret adding) as long as it is very, very, colorful.

It would be especially cool if you could get a shot of an unusual or uncommon color; for example a Cichlid in breeding colors or a red plant specimen that is very difficult to get red.

Photos must be uploaded to your gallery and the bbcode link posted in the thread. A brief description of your photo may be included. One photo per member per month allowed, and photos MUST be taken by you. I will select the winner of the contest based on the quality of the photograph and how closely it relates to the theme this month. The winner will copy and paste this section to a new thread, where they will decide the theme of next month's contest. Submissions will be accepted until the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on the first day of the next month. The new contest thread should be created no later than the 3rd day of the new month. I will send a PM to the winner, letting them know that they have won, along with a post in this thread. I will also send a PM to an admin or moderator, so that they can add the POTM Badge to your account.

Good luck!

Fishperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Common fish are fine, I'm just looking for colorful fish. They don't even have to have lots of different colors; they could just have one or two intense colors.

Remember it's better to enter a photo that may not be perfect than not enter any at all.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishperson View Post
Common fish are fine, I'm just looking for colorful fish. They don't even have to have lots of different colors; they could just have one or two intense colors.

Remember it's better to enter a photo that may not be perfect than not enter any at all.
Well said
Old 09-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Of my 7 current tanks, this is about the most colorful. Nice reds and greens contrasting. Yellow Mollies, gunmetal grey Axolotl, orange pot, etc...
This is a 29gal tall, running a Penn Plax Cascade 1000 and a extra sponge filter for bio. Has a homemade hood with custom cooling system, running a power supply and dual 140mm fans, along with a NatGeo 30" LED light above. Stays right around 70 degrees F.

Has 2 Axolotl's, 4 female Mollies, 1 stud male, 3 red-eye tetras, 2 speckled Cory cats and a marbled cray.
Oh, and a handful of ramshorns and assassins.

The Java Fern on the left was a little 4-leaf pitiful thing we got from a LFS a few months back and tied to some driftwood. Obviously, it's VERY happy in this tank. The Sword on the right was also just about 4 leaves and 4-5 inches tall at the time. In fact, I just got done trimmer maybe 6-7 leaves from it a couple days it ago. It was getting out of control.
This is probably the "healthiest" tank in the house. Everything in here thrives. It stays squeaky clean. This will be the one we kind of leave alone and not mess with.

Most of my other tanks are just pretty much..... green.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #5
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have been tempted to get some coloured gravel. Was actually looking at some on weekend but got a pretty strange look from LFS staff so chickened out.

So I found one of a mystery snail that was in a small tank.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Alright, we're 1/3 of the way through September. Keep the pictures coming! Let's see some good ones. I guarantee all of you have something colorful in your tanks and it's better to enter something than nothing at all.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

September 2015 Freshwater POTM

Can I post my picture here, or do I have to do the bbc code thing? Because i use the app, and not from the pc.

Sent via echolocation
Old 09-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'll try and get a picture up tomorrow. Does it have to be a picture of aquarium fish or can wild caught natives be submitted?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Various forms Platys and Swordfish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_07881.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	277934  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Many thanks for the help.

Tags
ate, fresh, freshwater, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com